In a recent podcast, Menlo Group’s dental real estate experts Rich Andrus and Mark Haslip sat down with Matt Porter of Menlo Dental Transitions to discuss the current dental market and ways that you can improve your dental practice. Here are some of the highlights from the podcast:
Improve your dental practice by utilizing technology
Increased technology use can benefit dental professionals in a variety of ways, including the following:
- Video appointments to determine whether a
patient needs an emergency procedure or an in-office exam
- Social media posts to connect with patients
and share relevant information
- Practice management software to improve
- Digitized records to better position practice
for future transitions
“[Technology] is a great way to connect with the patient and build a relationship, to stay relevant and to stay connected,” Haslip said. “People notice effort, and they are grateful for it.”
Improve your dental practice by evaluating business operations
Dental professionals should look for ways to improve their business operations to increase productivity and efficiency. To help you get started, consider the following questions:
- How do we define an active patient? How much of our patient base matches that profile?
- Are we having daily staff meetings? Does every staff member understand their role?
- How do we define clinical diagnoses, and how do we treat such cases?
- How can we improve our presentation and communication of treatments?
To learn more, listen to the State of the Dental Market podcast or contact a member of our dental team to set up a free consultation.